if you’re craving a mexican meal, or maybe you need some fresh protein in your life, this is the meal to make. it would have a lot fewer points if the serving was smaller (duh), and if it didn’t have 1/3 cup of olive oil in the dressing, but i eat this as a main meal, and i don’t think the olive oil is that bad for you … even if it does have a lot of points! it’s got yummy black beans, corn, fresh tomatoes, bell pepper and onions, loads of cilantro and spices. get the recipe in this post!
2. 1.5 cups canned black beans (1 can, basically), drained
3. 1.5 cups canned yellow corn, drained
4. 1.5 cups fresh cherry tomatoes, diced!
5. 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
6. 5 scallions, chopped (or you can use regular onions, too, if that’s what you have)
7. 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (it’s important that this be fresh, and i’m not just saying that like i see other recipes say, this one is a lot less delish if the cilantro isn’t fresh and just washed)
8. 1/3 cup olive oil
9. 1 tsp ground cumin
10. 1 clove of garlic, chopped
11. the juice of one lime
12. 1/4 tsp table salt
drain the cans of everything, and mix them in with the quinoa after you cook it. then, mix together the rest of the salad ingredients. finally, make the dressing, and toss it into the salad slowly. you can eat it right away or divide it up to eat across the week!
servings: 4 (big ones!)
points: 10 WW+ points plus