it’s a challenge to stay warm on the way to work, look stylish at work with all those layers, and oh gosh – what if your office is BLAZING hot with the heat turned on high? just HOW do you stay stylish when it’s cold outside and as hot as fire in your office? here are a few looks that i recommend.
1. abby z trousers – these abby z trousers are great because they have a WIDE flat waistband. they won’t roll down and fall off, and they’ve got a slightly flared leg – to balance you out. they’re cut so that you can easily move, but you’ll look like you’re in charge with them on.
2. this top from catherine’s, the flames of paradise tunic, actually comes with a necklace. luckily – you can lose the necklace and go for some bolder jewelry. you can easily throw a sweater on top of this before putting on your overcoat.
3. this ruffle cardigan by DKNY jeans would look GREAT the pull this outfit together. then …
3. accessorize with this belt on top of the sweater, or lose the sweater and use the belt to cinch the tunic in at the waist.
4. wear some tights underneath your trousers for the commute. when you get to work, if it’s hot, slip by the bathroom and lose the tights until it’s time to go home!
5. throw some boots on underneath, and keep a pair of flats in your bag for work. i used to keep a few pairs at work, and some heels, too, just in case.
6. top it all off with a down coat. this one from land’s end has a belt – again, to keep you lookin stylish even though you’re wearing a puffer coat! it comes in sizes up to 3x. and, don’t worry city girls – it comes in several other colors other than ivory. (ranging from grey to black).
7. this necklace from target is a STATEMENT y’all. and it’s only $14.
8. try on this statement ring from aldo, and wear it on your pointer finger for that gossip girl look.
9. keep it classy with a pearl and bead and ribbon bracelet on your other arm. also from aldo, and also a steal at $15.
10. and don’t forget – your hands gotta stay warm on the way TO work. how about these adorable red gloves from aldo?
now, let’s suppose you’re like me, and you just … you hate pants. you hate them. and you wear dresses all the time, but that wind is stinging SO badly. here’s my still safe for work solution. and the extra good thing about this look? it’s great for a party after work, too.
1. this asos curve tunic dress is MEGA in style right now. and → read more